4.02.2007

arcade project

I recently acquired the first piece of my upcoming arcade cabinet: the monitor. I was lucky enough to get this from work. The company used to use it for presentations, etc. when they first bought it ten years ago. Today it never gets used because most of the conference rooms have built in projectors. The monitor also has a maximum resolution of 800x600. While that may suck for most of today's PC applications, it is perfect for an arcade cabinet. Most, if not all, arcade games ran at a resolution much lower than 800x600.

Size wise, I think it is about equivalent to a 27" TV! My main concern now is making sure I mount the monitor in the cabinet so that it will actually hold it. That would be bad if it fell out. It would be even worse if it fell out and crushed somebody... I also need to make sure it fits in an old cabinet if I find one at the upcoming arcade auction. If not I'll just build the cabinet myself like originally planned. Fun fun!

No comments: