4.19.2007

wednesday game night 04.18.07

*Click for more information on Heroclix*

The Game: 400 point teams. Random placement a la Chris's handy random number generator program. Random placement is...well, random. It generally makes for intense games, which is great. A lot of times though there is always one person that gets screwed with random placement. This happens either through bad placement (naturally) and/or going last. The result is that particular person's team get beat down fairly quickly in the frenzy of the first couple rounds. I've had this happen a few times with random placement. Aggravating? Yes. Exciting? Depends. Fun for everyone else besides that one person? You betcha! I would have to say Adam was the random-placement-beat-downee this game. For only having three clix for a team though he lasted quite a while.

The Map: Buildings! Now featuring catwalks! (cue music)I'm too sexy for my shirt, too sexy for my shirt, too sexy yeah. On the catwalk. On the catwalk. I do my little dance. On the catwalk.(end music) Ok. So. Look at these pictures while I go take some Prozac.




The Teams:

Chris: Invincible leads a teenage superhero team!(Angst sold separately) Starfire (E), Invincible (E), Kid Flash (V), Atom Eve (E) and Stargirl (V).


Adam: The theme for this terrific trio was aliens...hey wait a minute...Kyle Rayner is an alien?! I'm the first to admit I'm not up on Rayner history, so I must be missing something. Starfire (V), Hawkman (V) and Green Lantern (V).


Jeff: A team of DC villains and a Doombot was put to good use by Jeff. I can just feel the vile, festering evil just oozing from this team. Clayface (E), Joker (E), Doombot (V), Johnny Quick (U) and Sinestro (R).


Me: I went with a (semi)random team. I picked a handful of 12 clix and then rolled two six sided dice (or 2d6 in D&D-speak (if you are frightened by D&D ignore this parenthesis(or ignore all of these parenthesis if bad grammar make you naughtious(spelling too (sorry, I know it's nawtious(damnit, nauseous(whew!))))))) to determine who made the final cut of my team. Colonel Logan (U), Mister Miracle (R), Iron Fist (E), Wonder Girl (V) and Zoom (LE).


Game Highlights:

Turn Order: Chris, Adam, Jeff, Dan

Attack Rolls and Damage:

Chris:
Average Roll: 7.25
Number of Rolls: 28
Number of Hits: 15
Hit Percentage: 53%
Damage Dealt (after reducers): 36 clicks
Average Hit % (3 games): 49%
Damage Dealt (3 games): 54 clicks
Average Roll (3 games): 7.31

Adam:
Average Roll: 6.33
Number of Rolls: 12
Number of Hits: 8
Hit Percentage: 67%
Damage Dealt (after reducers): 30 clicks
Average Hit % (3 games): 74%
Damage Dealt (3 games): 110 clicks
Average Roll (3 games): 6.91

Jeff:
Average Roll: 7.06
Number of Rolls: 31
Number of Hits: 16
Hit Percentage: 52%
Damage Dealt (after reducers): 33 clicks
Average Hit % (3 games): 42%
Damage Dealt (3 games): 54 clicks
Average Roll (3 games): 6.79

Dan:
Average Roll: 6.7
Number of Rolls: 17
Number of Hits: 9
Hit Percentage: 53%
Damage Dealt (after reducers): 18 clicks
Average Hit % (3 games): 58%
Damage Dealt (3 games): 57 clicks
Average Roll (3 games): 7.37

First Hit: Right off the bat, first turn Chris uses Kid Flash to perplex up Stargirl's attack in or to blast Adam's Green Lantern for 5 damage.

Critical Hits: 3. One by Jeff, two by me ( on successive rolls no less!).

Critical Misses: 2. Chris and I. I didn't record who the clix were. Too much carnage going on.

Most Damage with a Single Attack: Another tie between Chris and Adam. 5 damage on the first hit mentioned above. My Mr. Miracle's 18 defense with super senses couldn't escape from Hawkman's 12 attack with a light object. 5 damage.

Hardest to Hit: This was a tough decision. It seemed like Hawkman had everyone attacking him and missing most of the time. At one point I had him in close combat with Wonder Girl and Colonel Logan. Both of them were on their willpower/flurry clicks and I could never land a hit. The other hard to hit clix was Jeff's Joker. That first click of 18 defense with combat reflexes (20 defense against close combat) made him nigh impossible to hit. I say Hawkman based on the sheer number of failed attempts on his life.

Favorite Team: Villains are fun, and we usually don't see very many pure villain teams on the board. Jeff gets my nod this week for my favorite team.

Craziest/Gutsiest Move of the Night: Nothing really stood out in my mind this game. Most of the game was crazy.

M.V.C.: Most valuable clix for this game was a tough choice. Everything seemed fairly spread out this game. I'm gonna say Hawkman. His ridiculously high attack values throughout combined with 4 damage and super strength for a couple clicks can really mess up your day. He could hit who ever he wanted. That plus the regeneration click and overall hard to hit (for me anyways) makes him M.V.C.

Game Summary: Just an absolute knockdown drag out battle. The teams were evenly spread out across the map for the most part. Fights broke out immediately between all of the players. It was an intense game. I was the first one out of the game, but I felt completely satisfied with how my game went. Plus I could sit back and focus on my stats. At one point Adam only had Hawkman left, who was tied up with Johnny Quick. Johhny would hit Hawkman onto his regen. Hawkman would heal. The cycle repeated a few times before Adam conceded to let Chris and Jeff battle it out for victory. The final battle took place on one roof top. Invincible vs. Joker/Clayface. We kinda goofed up at this point. Both of Jeff's clix could only do two damage each. Invincible had invulnerable, which reduces the damage by 2, negating any damage Jeff could do to him. Well, Jeff started rolling anyways with the hope of rolling a crit hit. After a round or two Adam looked closer at the Joker and Clayface clix and said, "Uh, both of those have exploit weakness." This of course cuts through invulnerable. By this time Chris had given a few hits to Joker and Clayface. By the time Jeff realized he had exploit weakness it was all over and Chris was the victor. Now you might not think simple observation would have such an affect on the game, but oh does it. Study up those heroclix dials, kids. The more you memorize, the better.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Kyle was on the team because he uses an alien weapon. It was kind of a stretch, but I couldn't afford any of the other aliens I had...