3.25.2007

Wednesday Game Night 03.21.07

*Click for more information on Heroclix*

The Game: Heroclix. 400 pt teams. I concocted Danger Room "rules" since we were playing on the Danger Room map. Each round one person rolls a 20 sided die. On a result of 1 thru 10 some battlefield effect took place for the remainder of the round. The effects were mostly taken straight from Battlefield Condition Cards, with a few exceptions. The effects were: Bright Lights, Atlantis Rising, White Noise, Darkness, Quicksand, Build-a-Wall, Crosswinds, Hurricane, Low Gravity, and Proximity Mines. On a roll of 11 thru 20, nothing happened. Of course most of the game we rolled 11-20.

The Map: Another flat map this week, the Danger Room map. I hosted game night this time and I was frantically trying to finish the game "table." I got it done, but didn't have enough time to finish my 3-D terrain. Next time.


The Teams:


Chris: Metal men was the theme Chris went with for his team. Robotman (R), Silver Centurion Iron Man (LE), Iron Man (E), and Manhunter (R).


Adam: What better for the Danger Room map than an X-men team? Adam went with the X-men "Blue" team from the '90s X-men comic. Gambit (V), Cyclops (E), Beast (V), Rogue (V), Wolverine (E), and Psylocke (V). Just missing Jubilee, but her clix pretty much stinks.


Jeff: A very intimidating team from Jeff. The Marvel family and Mr. Mind. You'll notice in the pic that some of them are crossed-eyed. Time for glasses. Black Adam (R), Shazam (R), Mr. Mind (U), and Mary Marvel (R).


Me: I finally decided to use some of my new clix from the Origins set. Mon-el (R), Steel (R), Wildcat (E), Hawkman (R), and Catman (R).

Game Highlights: I decided to keep track of stats this game for something different. I think I might have screwed up in a few places though, so they are not 100% accurate. I'll have to pay more attention next time.

Favorite Team: Adam's X-men team just fits the map so well.

Turn Order: Adam, Chris, Dan, Jeff.

First Hit: Cyclops lands a stunning shot on Mr. Mind, who has a 19 defense, for 5 damage and the KO. This happened on the 2nd round and had a big effect on how Jeff would play the remainder of his team.

Critical Hits: Just one crit hit this game. Jeff rolled a 12 to land a big hit on my Mon-el from Black Adam.

Critical Miss: Also just one crit miss this game, from Chris. Robotman had a malfunction and rolled a crit miss on Adam's Wolverine.

Most Damage With a Single Attack: It was a tie between Cyclops's hit (see 1st hit) and Wolverine slashing Robotman for the KO. Both of these attacks landed 5 damage.

Most Devastating Turn/Combo: I would have to say the one-two attack of Black Adam and Shazam using hypersonic speed to combine for 7 damage on my Mon-el piece.

Stupidity Move of the Game: I am dumb. At the beginning of the game Jeff was pushing his Marvel family pieces to get past the activation click so they would all get the crazy "Shazam" click (hypersonic speed, impervious, lots of damage, etc.). Right as Jeff does this I move all my characters close to his team. Don't ask me why. I wasn't thinking. Well, I was thinking, just not very smartly. As soon as I do that I get unloaded on by his whole team. It really knocked the wind out of most of my pieces and I had no choice but to retreat. I moved as far away from him as possible. It took me a couple rounds to get back in the game.


M.V.C.: To me the Most Valuable Clix Award of the night goes to Adam's Cyclops. He was nailing people left and right with that guy for usually high damage. Taking out Mr. Mind in one shot was just....ouch!

Attack Rolls:

Adam:
Number of Rolls: 22
Average Roll: 7.27
Number of Hits: 15
Hit Percentage: 68%

Chris:
Number of Rolls: 9
Average Roll: 7.22
Number of Hits: 3
Hit Percentage: 33%

Me:
Number of Rolls: 18
Average Roll: 7.44
Number of Hits: 10
Hit Percentage: 55%

Jeff:
Number of Rolls: 12
Average Roll: 7.83
Number of Hits: 8
Hit Percentage: 67%

Damage Dealt (After Damage Reducers):
Here is where I might have messed up stats.

Adam: 42 clicks

Chris: 5 clicks

Me: 29 clicks

Jeff: 42 clicks

Game Summary: It was a game that really came down to the wire between Jeff, Adam and I in the end. Chris went for Adam early on again. I already mentioned my blunder at the start of the game. It took me a while before I got in the thick of things, but we had a big pile up for a while with Adam, Chris and I all jumbled together duking it out.

Jeff kept zooming in and out with the Marvel family taking shots at us. Adam and I had to more or less gang up on Chris Iron Man before he ko'd us all. I was really impressed with my Wildcat and Hawkman, the least powerful of my team who ended up carrying it. Near the end of the game Chris was defeated and it became a matter of not getting nailed by Jeff's Shazam and Black Adam. They eventually fell, and it was down to the last roll between Adam and I. I just barely won, thanks to Hawkman and Wildcat having a deeper and more effective dial than I thought. Fun Game!

No comments: