3.09.2007

how to induce insanity


I thought it would be fun to post a picture of my cube. Heh, never thought I'd say "my cube" and "fun" in the same sentence. Well, here is where I spend too many of my waking hours. The good thing is I get paid to occupy this space. It measures about 4-1/2 feet by 8 feet, give or take a few inches. I absolutely love the monotone office colors, don't you? The highlight of my cube is the dual screen 20" LCD monitors.

Of special interest are the superhero toys - I mean action figures in the corner - and the "karma's a bitch" sign above one of the monitors. I made that in my so-called depressed state about 4-5 months ago (before being diagnosed with diabetes). I'm not crazy... I just haven't gotten around to taking it down. I've got the mini fan because it is always 78 degrees where I sit. That temperature also means I always wear short sleeve shirts to avoid sweating to death. I'm rambling at this point so I guess that's it.

2 comments:

DRM said...

Unfortunately those little touches don't really help much. I think having a window/natural light or some view of the outside world would be best.

Things are looking up though. I may be getting a new office/cube in a week or so. I'll have to post an update when that happens.

Dozer said...

My office cube looks all too similar-small and square and boring. Good thing they keep my busy enough to not notice.