2.19.2007

ikea trip

I just had my first experience with Ikea. To celebrate Angel's birthday (and President's Day!!) we had a "mini" shopping spree at Ikea. We went to the Canton, MI Ikea and it was really simple to get there from Grand Rapids.

You'll notice from the pictures that the frigid temperatures must have frozen Angel's eyelids shut.


We were at Ikea for about 5 hours total. Luckily when hunger called they had the handy-dandy Ikea cafeteria. The food quality/taste was about what you'd expect from a cafeteria. I had the obligatory Swedish meatballs.

I know you're dying to see a picture of the furniture we picked up. Behold Ikea furniture in all it's glory!!

You'll also notice the really crappy chair, curtains and "desk" in the background. The desk is actually my Mom's old sewing machine stand. Yes, it is time for an upgrade. Ugh, that reminds me, we just bought about 4 gallons of grey - I mean Lunar Eclipse - paint for the basement too.

I did manage to at least put this chair together.


My goal is to have the coffee table fully assembled by the time Heroes is done tonight. Guess I better get to it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

yea meatballs.